ADVERTISEMENT

2023 4 star Enow Etta breaks down official visits + more

Spartans2025

All-Skiles
Gold Member
May 31, 2022

Recently, I was able to talk with one of Michigan States top targets in the 2023 recruiting class, Rivals 4 star defensive end from Covenant Christian Academy in Colleyville, Texas Enow Etta. Before we get to the rest of it, I'd just like to promote my own twitter:
@JacksonHitchco5, where you'll be able to see some of my other reactions to things and where I'll post much of the stuff I hear about a little bit sooner than here or on 247sports. We were able to over the last couple days about what he is looking for in a team and school, and where his options are laid out right now. To start off though the lengthy 6'5 250 lbs edge rusher shows many of the traits common in a more modern defensive end, long arms, a big frame, with good pursuit abilities and decision making. I know this is a little early to say it, and it isn't someone a lot of you are big fans of, but he really reminds me of an Aidan Hutchinson type player. Someone who is able to really get after the quarterback effectively and efficiently and is also able to step up there and provide a good bit of run support of the edge. He isn't going to be a guy that steps on campus and is already a world beater like Will Anderson from Alabama or many of these other superhuman athletes we've been seeing pop. up across college football. Etta is a high floor high ceiling type of prospect, who has the athleticism and power to be able to play on Sundays, especially if he is working with a former pro-bowl defensive end in Marco Coleman and then one of the best pass rush coaches in the entire world in Brandon Jordan.

Of the teams that Etta has been offered by 5 stuck out in our conversation that make up a group of frontrunners, he's taking his first official visit to Utah this upcoming weekend of June 3 which as far as I am aware is being reported for the first time right here. Next he is headed to East Lansing on the weekend of June 17, apart of the very highly talked about June official visit class he is one of the 29 recruits visiting this month and that weekend he is going to be joined by, MSU commit and recruiter in chief Andrew Depaepe, coveted 4 star corner from Washington Caleb Presley, and 4 star IMG Academy Linebacker Jordan Hall. Following his official visit to Michigan State, he is headed down the road to Ann Arbor where I have heard conflicting reports over whether it is a midweek visit or a weekend visit though according to 247sports it is scheduled for that June 17 date. Following that he is headed back out west with his final confirmed official visit when he is visiting Stanford. He also mentioned USC, as a top contender for him citing that he really enjoys California in both a reason USC and Stanford are high on his list. With Utah, he likes the environment of Salt Lake City, along with the way the program is headed, with their narrow loss in the Rose Bowl to Ohio State being fresh in his mind.

Etta is planning on majoring in computer science in college which explains why Stanford has cracked his top 5, with a program ranked in the top 10 in the nation in computer science. Etta had this to say about the Cardinal, "I really like what they are doing and the school speaks for itself I don’t expect to win every game or see sold out crowds but what the school can do for you is amazing". He isn't just enamored by the academic and culture side of the program, he is a believer in Coach David Shaw who has shown produced some real NFL talent Solomon Thomas, Christian McCaffrey, among others highlight Shaw's time at Stanford. Meanwhile, Michigan State has pass rush coach Brandon Jordan and defensive line coach and former NFL pro bowler Marco Coleman. If Etta were to sign with Michigan State he would be the 3rd recruit from Texas to sign on with the Spartans, following 3 star quarterback Bo Edmundson, and 4 star running back Kedrick Reescano this cycle and the 7th overall in the 2023 recruiting class. Next, is Michigan, this is the team I would be most worried about if I was Mel Tucker and the Michigan State coaching staff. A highly ranked academic program for Computer science, recent success in getting to the 2022 College Football Playoff and Etta's 2 favorite players are Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo, they're guys he builds his game around, so they're always a threat, I know the future casts and crystal balls are all leaning one way and I trust those a great deal, but I don't think it's a done deal. I really think Mike Elston is making a big impact here, he's one of the best defensive linecoach in the country and he is definitely make a big push for Michigan with Etta. The final major contender is Lincoln Reilly's USC trojans, USC hired former Michigan defensive line coach Shaun Nua in the off season who had been a strong recruiter in Ann Arbor and is doing a good job bringing talent to SoCal, he is also the former coach of Etta's favorite players Ojabo and Hutchinson.

The rundown is that Michigan State is probably leading in Etta's recruitment at this point, but there it really isn't a done deal. I like all 3 of Michigan, Michigan State, and USC in this recruitment and all of them I can see landing Etta at the end of the day. I don't think any of them are going to give up on this recruit until he signs his name on papers of his letter of intent. Some promising signs and some signs that this visit could help land us one of my favorite MSU targets in the 2023 class. If you have any questions/comments/concerns please feel free to ask whether on twitter, here, or in my messages on rivals. Thanks hope you have a wonderful day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.