ADVERTISEMENT

NEW COMMIT: 2025 WR Braylon Collier Commits to MSU: 'Something special is being built'

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State's 2025 recruiting class now includes six commitments, as three-star Ohio wide receiver Braylon Collier pledged to the Spartans on Friday.

MSU brought nine prospects to campus for its first group of official visits during the weekend of May 31 through May 2, and Collier is the first recruit from that bunch to commit to the Spartans.

After building strong relationships with wide receivers coach Courtney Hawkins ("Coach Hawk"), assistant wide receivers coach Cordale Grundy ("Coach G"), head coach Jonathan Smith and many other staff members, Collier was certain after the official visit that he wanted to become a Spartan.

Michigan State being close to home also played a factor in Collier's decision. Collier currently attends Perkins High School in Sandusky, Ohio.

"The family atmosphere that Michigan State has established so early on, especially with a new staff and a lot of new guys on the team, is something special," Collier told Spartans Illustrated about why he chose to commit to the Spartans. "Geographically, it’s only two-and-a-half hours from home, so that was kind of the cherry on top ... There are no egos (in the program), just hard working, humble people all around. Something special is being built in East Lansing and I’m excited to be a part of it. I knew MSU was home for me after my official visit."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News