ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: BE PREPARED TO BE CONVERSATIONAL IN THE FILM IF YOU’RE GONNA WEAR THE T-SHIRT

SEEYOUAROUNDBRO_TC

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2023
There was a guy wearing a Big Lebowski t-shirt at the apizza ristorante last night. He was overweight, slovenly, oddly misshapen torso, elongated forehead splattered with cold sores, blotchy skin, and could pass for a Railfan with lots of anime you know what on his Acer laptop. He was with an older, also overweight woman, with cankles and dry white skin cascading upward her leg; her dry white skin was immediately noticeable, and there were three (3) scratches (likely from itching).

She was incessantly speaking to him, complaining about certain people (whom presumably were in their friend circle). We were NOT eavesdropping, because the tables were close in apizza ristorante and she was speaking loudly. I kept wondering whether he needed to be “rescued” because he almost seemed like he was a hostage in the conversation.

Finally, during a quick break, I asked him what his favorite Big Lebowski scene was. He just said “I love Walter” and so I assumed that he didn’t hear my question. Then I told him a few of my favorite lines, i.e. “8 year olds, dude…” and “Dude, tomorrow’s already the tenth.” Regarding the latter, I mentioned Marty’s play and the guy had no recollection of what I was even talking about. He also mentioned Farrelly Brothers and not Coen Brothers. Our waiter heard some of the conversations and mentioned Big Lebowski to him also, but he seemed equally perplexed by our waiter’s questions. I mentioned Logjammin’ and he nervously chuckled “I’m not an encyclopedia on the movie.”

We soon realized that he was a complete fraud. He admitted that he “liked the t-shirt” which said “Lebowski Bowling Team” and he didn’t even have a basic grasp on the fundament elements in the movie. When I mentioned how the TV in the beginning Ralph’s scene had George H.W. Bush and him saying “this will not stand” and then “aggression” and how it’s a central theme in the movie, he was completely blank. All in all, we realized that he was a fraud.

In my mind, I wanted him to take off the t-shirt. But then I’m just like one of him. A phony and a FRAUD and a POSEUR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News