ADVERTISEMENT

Comp's defensive line comment got me thinking...thoughts please?

SpartanFootball03

All-Flintstone
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Comp stated that he thought the young defensive linemen looked quick and able to hold up at the point of attack....

1. Gerald Owens took on the double team and held up at the point of attack...
Might his size have to do with that...Owens being listed at 300 lbs? as opposed to McDowell (275)
and Williams (280) Would like to see R. Williams and Owens at DT and maybe a little
more McDowell at DE...gives you a lot more size....King and Robertson are both freshman and listed at more then Cooper and Evan Jones...

2. I find it strange that Dantonio had no inclination of playing Robertson or King at that start of the season...a beat down at the hands of Bucky and all of a sudden mid game he decided we are going to activate King and Robertson not to mention Jackson (the fastest player on the team)
I guess I just don't understand what the thought process was....The entire fall camp and two games into the season and you are content with the DL and now you see the young kids need to play....

3. factor this in with the inability for Warner to be even an average OC and all the talk in SpartanMag about the coaches realizing they needed to adapt the offense after the butt kicking by Bama.....
Having no speed at RB or WR minus Donnie yet stating all the other WRs would red-shirt only to reinsert Jackson in the third game......
Not to mention it becoming apparent that TOC cannot throw deep and being late on reads.....
And the coaches running the same offense as they did with NFL bound Cook

I am a Dantonio supporter but
I know this will get ripped but this staff IMO sort of dropped the ball in the off season....

I want it to get turned around but a lot must be done.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.