ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Dr. G&W's Week Two Preview (aka Bad Betting Advice): Incline

Dr. Green and White

All-Flintstone
Staff
Sep 4, 2003
Howell, MI
Just as a bit of commentary on how the sausage gets made, Week Two is one of the more annoying weeks to deal with all season. Because of the Labor Day Holiday, there are games on both Sunday and Monday. This essentially delays the availability of the full set of data by 48 hours. So I had to scramble a bit to get this one together.

Fortunately, the national slate is not that interesting outside of the Texas/Michigan game.

In my original draft, I had a bit more to say about that game, but I decided to tone it down a bit. Here is what I originally wrote about that game:

"If Michigan can beat a Top 5 team now that both Connor Stalions and Jim Harbaugh have moved on, it would be a tremendous validation for the program. Wolverine fans would beat their collective chests, request official apologies from all rival fans and media members who ever doubted the validity of their National Title, demand the resignation and incarceration of Big Ten and NCAA officials, and proclaim the 2023 Michigan Wolverines to be the greatest collection of athletes ever assembled in any sport.

But if the Wolverines were to lose at home to Texas and especially if the game isn't close, the aftermath would be quite different. For a large portion of college football fans, the loss would provide further evidence of the effectiveness of the "impermissible scheme" deployed by the Wolverines since 2021.

It would call into serious question the validity of the 2023 title. It would suggest not only that Michigan is a program now on the decline, but that the accomplishments and success of the program over the past three years wasn't actually real in the first place. Rival fanbases would have a field day."

Based on what we saw last week, I do expect a 10+ point win for Texas, but you never know. The good news is that Wolverines fans really cannot get any more obnoxious than they have been for the last 9 months.

Finally, the new graphic from Jay on our team is amazing. I hope you enjoy it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.