ADVERTISEMENT

Introducing the SPARTAN SPOTLIGHT pod w/ Corey & Justin!

Justin Thind

Recruiting Insider
Feb 5, 2020
East Lansing | Macomb
So the announcement I teased a few weeks ago is finally ready to be unveiled...

@Corey_Robinson and I will be starting a new podcast called Spartan Spotlight.
The primary focus will be to give you guys a whole new way to get to know a variety of guests. We plan to have recruiting targets, current MSU coaches, and even local high school coaches make "appearances" on the podcast. The first 3 guests look to be Dillon Tatum, Ruquan Buckley, and RB Coach Willie Peagler. We're still figuring out dates and stuff like that, but we're pretty much ready to get this rolling soon.

The most convenient part of this is that it will be available anywhere that you'd typically listen to podcasts, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, etc. This is actually why it took a few weeks to unviel the pod, since we wanted to make sure it was distrbuted on all those platforms before we said anything. It took longer than expected, leading to such a gap between my first mention of a project until this unveiling.

On that note, go to the link below to listen to "Episode 0" where Corey and I talk about our vision for the podcast. We also talk about our backgrounds, since we occasionally get asked how we got started in this business:

(You can skip the first 28 seconds. Don't worry, that's the only ad we have.)

---

We think this will be a really cool way for Spartan fans to get to know these guys on a more personal level than some transcribed quotes. Plus, a casual convo allows us to get into other topics like what these kids like to do for fun outside of sports, what music they like, etc.

We will need your help spreading this out as far as possible. Podcasts are usually most successful when listeners promote the pod via word of mouth, so we appreciate any promotion you may choose to give us via whatever platforms you use.

Also, this is just in addition to the content we provide. We won't be replacing the current stuff with this podcast. Plus, we will stay away from providing any premium content on this podcast (as that would devalue your memberships). The goal is to just make people more aware of me, Corey, and SpartanMag so that they are prompted to join the community, where the real insight will still be housed here. Similar to the Instagram page I started, brand promotion is the goal here so we can build this community up and also provide you guys another medium to get a unique insight. Thanks for the support, in advance!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News