ADVERTISEMENT

Lil OT: General Culture Norm in the Underground Bunker ...

robin604

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2007
Curious if this is something we can generally agree upon. I preface this by saying, I'm 35, I've been on SpartanMag since Dantonio was in the coaching search in 2006, effectively, I've grown up here the past 16 years, from being a 19-year idiot to being a 35-year-old-idiot with a kid :)

I love the community here, but we're not immune to the incivil internet trollin' that seems to be the norm in our culture today. I've crowed up on here and gotten into "tough guy" word matches before, so I don't even really judge too harshly. But I also can say those were all stupid, and I was an idiot for pumping my testosterone into a keyboard on a Spartan Community message board. We live. We learn. Ideally, we improve.

The trend seems to be some of the same cats. They're coming onto threads and quickly cranking up the A*hole power. For instance showing up in an OT thread and complaining that it's not on topic saying something like "Who Cares! This is a Sports Board".

There's always politics guy, taking a normal conversation about something innocuous like Sweet Potatoes and jabbing some political jabs at the right or the left in there completely randomly, forcing it in. (That's what she said).

And then there's just weird beef that apparently started from sometime recent past, where Maggers just hijack threads to crap on each other.

Is it safe to say we can institute a "Don't Be An A-Hole" rule, and just sort of reduce some of the crazy infighting? I get that M fans will come on here and troll, that's just fun to identify them and punk them in a thread. But the rest of us, is there a funny Meme we can insert to chill out the tough guys, the politic guys, and the Still Got Beef guys? Could be light hearted, but just feels like we can self-manage this as a community.

Thoughts? (Maybe I'm the guy, mister "Self-Righteous-Can't-We-All-Just-Get-Along-Guy" and I deserve a Meme Mockery. Just saying, sometimes shit giving can be done with love)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News