ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Michigan State running backs ready to compete, bounce back in 2023

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
In-depth update on the running back position here and a look at the competition in the backfield.

We recently heard from running backs coach Effrem Reed, Jalen Berger, Jordon Simmons, Jaren Mangham and Nathan Carter.

A few quotes from the article:

-"I don't really shy away from competition," Berger said. "Competition always make you better ... It definitely drives me more."

-"I'm trying to come out there ready to compete," Simmons said about what he hopes to accomplish in 2023. "Show the coaches that I'm ready to step on the field, know my assignments, just giving them trust up there that they could put me on the field on any down."

-"Not everyone gets to be in this position," Mangham said. "To be able to be a Michigan State football player, to be a Spartan. Not everyone gets to experience what it's like to go out there in front of all of the fans in The Woodshed and actually put on a performance, put on the jersey."

-"Our mindset is to be selfless teammate, that's one of our core values," Carter noted. "We have the Spartans' best interest first, so whoever Coach Reed throws out there, we know that they'll be able to get job done. It's our job as teammates to make sure that we're always ready."

Much more here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News