ADVERTISEMENT

OL Board After Officials

strategic100

All-Skiles
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
OH
Now that June official visits are over, things have cleared just a bit on the board. Its still such a lottery though considering where all these recruits have gone in June and how the dominoes could fall here. Whishing the staff the best of luck here. The OL big list;

Chase Bisontis, Payton Kirkland, Miles McVay, and Samsun Okunlola I would put at top of list, IMO. I think most, if not all are on Kap's board as well. Stanton Ramil, Shamurad Umarov, Madden Sacker, Joe Crocker are right behind, some of the latter might be higher up than I would view them. Its a lot more than just tape. Intent, intangibles, fit, are also key elements. Lauck and Carrick are off the board, not wanting to wait. In Lauck's case, it could just be Iowa was too good to pass up.

Let's go through quickly through each of the recruits now that June is over. A lot of the dominoes will appear in these write-ups as many of the players at the top of MSU's board are also on the top of other schools like LSU, Texas A&M, Alabama, Tennessee, etc. You will notice immediately how razor thin these recruitments are, starkly a lot of the same schools (no Michigan)

I'll start with Bisontis and then move through the list. Getting feedback from his LSU trip will be helpful and I'll add to it. This is just one old coach's take being on the other end for a long time, although my feelers in Ohio have nothing to give me on these young men. But going through the process myself hundreds of times, there are plenty of tea leaves out there and reporters that will talk shop. Here goes;

Bisontis; Top 5 is LSU, Georgia, MSU, Rutgers, A&M. It was released in May. I think's its stale at this point. Bisontis went to LSU for an official last weekend. No news yet from there, but guessing they offer him a lot. He is a big top target at Baton Rouge and LSU no doubt from what I already have heard has rolled out the carpet. Amazingly, no '23 commitments from any OL at the moment for LSU. LSU needs this guy. Georgia is out in my opinion. Georgia had just 5 offensive lineman come in during June for officials. Umarov was one. Georgia is very high on him. Georgia told Umarov that they are taking 4 OLs total, but 5 if its only their top guys. He's one. Georgia already has 3 commits, so do the math.

So for Bisontis, it looks as if Rutgers is trending away. I have talked to some of the reporters that follow Rutgers that the NIL portion right now is a joke. Not sure how much that matters personally to Bisontis, but if all else is equal? Given no really good news over there since his visit and Rutgers not pulling in 4-stars like MSU is, I am pushing towards LSU, MSU, and A&M, unless Georgia somehow loses out on any of those 5 visitors, and comes back in. I doubt it.

But it looks like he will be making up his mind in July or soon after. With 3 top choices he all seemed to really like already, I just think it would be harder to circle back to Georgia. So how hard is each of the three schools pushing? I think for both LSU and MSU its max effort. Texas A&M has other rings in the fire, but also likes him as well. Texas A&M had 11 official visitors on the OL in June. But only one OL commitment, a 4-star OT. Miles McVay was also there the same time as Bisontis at Aggie land. The Aggies are in the same position as LSU, though not as desperate as the 2022 class was ranked #1 and had multiple highly ranked OLs. Now two of the Aggie top targets just went elsewhere. I think McVay, which I will cover hopefully tomorrow looks like a long-short. More Oregon, MSU, Alabama battle. Much will depend their on his good friend Kirkland as well. These young men have very tough decisions ahead. Overall for Bisontis, I think it comes down to those three schools. Next up, McVay, Kirkland, Okunlola, Ramil, Umarov, Sacker, Crocker ; all by end of week. That is 7 great targets for the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News