ADVERTISEMENT

Roll with it

Macklinjb

All-Gibson
Jul 17, 2011
As a Dantonio defender I find myself pretty conflicted. Nebraska, Rutgers and Oregon we’re pathetic, yep, pathetic showings for a team with that defense. The Rutgers win was the worst victory I’ve ever seen. I believed we had turned a page from that.

Saturday felt like a continuation of that season to me. Sure the refs were awful and we’re dealing with injuries but you have to put the ball in the end zone at least 3 times in that game. Period. You have to know what the hell to do in the last few minutes. Period.

He failed big time. So did others but a lot of that falls on his choices. I’m not saying we “deserve” better but the bar has been set higher and I think by the way he keeps complimenting the crowds at Spartan Stadium he knows it.

I don’t want anyone else to be the head coach. Finding someone with his ability who WANTS to be here long term is very tough, while I don’t think MSU is a have not program, it takes a special person to fight with programs that have more resources in our division and WIN.

I don’t have faith that MSU would find that person right now. I actually don’t know when that next person would come around based on history. If you think that’s fear, you haven’t been paying attention. Too many programs have run off good/great coaches thinking they would just make a call or two and upgrade only find out they are irrelevant for 20 years. A lot of those programs have more resources than MSU.

There is no excuse for Saturday but don’t start to talk about firing Dantonio. When he leaves, chances are we go back into purgatory for who knows how long. If I’m wrong show me an example of back to back excellent regimes at MSU in the last 50 years. If you fight that, tell me how either of those compares to what Dantonio has done During his tenure.

He’s the best coach I will ever see at MSU, so as pissed as I am about Saturday, I want him to be our coach. I just hope he has some more magic left.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News