ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Running back Nate Carter still sees 'great potential' in Michigan State

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
A lot of interesting perspectives from Michigan State redshirt junior running back Nate Carter following the Spartans' 38-7 loss to Ohio State on Saturday night.

He isn't deterred.

"I think the mindset of this group is different," Carter said. "I think that this hurts. Obviously, no one wants to get blown out at their home stadium. It hurts, and I think that there's only going to be an increase from there. I don't see this team as being a team that just folds. I see a team that's hungry. I see a team of guys that's going to continue to work and that's going to continue to push and that's going to come in every single day and do what's necessary so that the results are better, so we can get those wins, and so we can focus on the little details so things like this don't happen.

"So, I see a lot of great potential in this team, and now, at the end of the day, we just have to come back on Monday and get right back to work. We have to put this game behind us, we have to get right back to work, because we've got to play again on Friday night against another good team (in Oregon). And we have a lot more games going forward. We play some really, really good teams. We can compete with these teams, and we can also beat those teams. We have to do what we have to do, and focus on ourselves, so that we can be able to get those wins."

Much more here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.