ADVERTISEMENT

The Fort seems to agree with the "too much music" takes as well

dimambr3

All-George Webster
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Good company y'all are living in....

Yes, I know the OSU game last year was a top 5 atmosphere at the Big House later. And yes I know PSU and MSU will be electric presuming they are huge games. Games like that always will be and lesser games will often be bleh. I am talking more about the overall presentation; band, piped in music, cheers, scoreboard effects, now an MC, DJ etc.

I am a fan of piped in music at times and when it started about 12-13 years ago, I thought it added a lot to the environment. Over the last 5-7 years it has morphed away from piped in music to get the blood pumping and prompt the crowd to cheer/clap, scream in general, 3rd downs in particular, before kickoffs, other relevant times, to a jukebox of club music for people to just dance and sing to.

This is not a club. It is a football game and music has been used the last 2-3 decades in college and pro stadiums to pump up fans. Now, we are using it as a frickin spotify playlist of dance songs having nothing to do with exciting the crowd at key moments.

I won't even start now on the other issues I noted but it is getting stale, repetitive, and perfunctory to say the least. I am not even against an MC or DJ but not to turn the stadium into a club atmosphere. It is getting ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News