ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING The latest on Kirkland; part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Killop

All-George Webster
Jun 3, 2016
Howell
I can’t go into detail, but I can tell you this: Kirkland’s representation has grown in number recently. So this might sound crazy, but there is a chance that Texas is starting some brand new talks with Kirkland’s people that Kirkland hasn’t even become aware of yet.

Kirkland is aware of the reports that are out there, and he is refuting them publicly. Meanwhile, he’s also telling me person-to-person that there is nothing to these Texas reports.

So it’s one of three things:

1. Texas is coming on strong with his camp, but he’s not aware of it yet, or aware of the magnitude. (Yes, reporters who cover other schools could conceivably become aware of something like this before the recruit himself. It’s the NIL era. These guys are free agents. Things are fluid).

2. Kirkland is not being honest with me or the public. (This would surprise me. He has seemed very genuine in my dealings with him to this point).

3. Kirkland is telling the truth when he says there is absolutely nothing to these Texas rumors.

As a side note, his mother is moving to Texas. Her move to Texas was in the process of happening way before his recruitment took off.

In the meantime, keep an eye on the three tweets in which he said “Why would I go to Texas?” If those tweets get deleted, then duck and cover.

So I’m not ruling out the possibility. But in my opinion, the main signs aren’t there at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News