ADVERTISEMENT

Weston Bridges reaching out to Robert Hainsey

jim comparoni

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
SpartanMag.com correspondent Rico Beard asked Weston Bridges an interesting question on Thursday when Bridges appeared as a guest on "The Drive With Jack" radio show (FM 92.1/Lansing).

Beard, who co-hosts the show with Jack Ebling on Thursdays, asked the latest Michigan State football commitment which uncommitted Spartan target will Bridges be working on to join him in MSU's class of 2017.

“I’m going after Robert Hainsey from IMG, another four-star player," Bridges said, without hesitation. "I’m going after him. At the end of last night, I sent (him a message that said) ‘MSU, man. MSU, man.’

“And he was like, ‘I’m just weighing all my options.’

“I told him to take his time but before he makes his announcement to go visit MSU. I said, ‘Great place filled with great people.’"

Bridges (6-1, 200, Copley, Ohio) is a three-star recruit, ranked the No. 23 player in Ohio by Rivals.com. He committed to Michigan State on Wednesday.

“If you can build an offensive line, obviously that’s a good position for me and Rocky (Lombardi)," Weston said.

Hainsey (6-5, 276, Bradenton, Fla. IMG Academy) is ranked the No. 56 player in the country by Rivals.com and No. 13 in Florida. Hainsey, a native Monroeville, Pa., is ranked the No. 8 offensive tackle in the country.

Bridges said he was impressed and touched by the way current Spartan commitments such as Hunter Rison and Lombardi welcomed him during his visit to Michigan State over the weekend, and his subsequent verbal commitment.

Beard followed up by asking what Bridges would say if Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer suddenly called and showed new interest.

"Go green," Bridges said, again without hesitation. "I'm 110 percent committed. That's home. You can mark my words, you can record this, I'm not going to de-commit from MSU. Any team that talks to me, I'm going to tell them, 'Go green.'"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.