ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING 2024 three-star DE Zion Taylor includes Michigan State in top-six

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Zion Taylor, a three-star weak-side defensive end in the 2024 class out of Texas, released his top-six on Saturday. It included Michigan State, California, Arkansas, Kansas, Houston and Tulane.

Taylor's has long had a scholarship offer from MSU as the Spartans were actually his first Division I offer back in February of 2021. However, at 6-foot-1 or 6-foot-2 currently, Taylor doesn't really match the height requirements that Mel Tucker and his staff usually look for in the defensive end position. For example all of the high school signees at the position for the 2023 class are all at least 6-foot-4, as is transfer defensive lineman Tunmise Adeleye.

I just point this out because I am not sure how big of a priority he is for MSU right now, but he's visited campus a couple of times and still seems to be high on the Spartans himself, so we will see where it goes. Either way, Taylor is a very-skilled player and has garnered a ton of college interest with 20-plus offers. He has no shortage of options.

Reactions: greenpain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News