ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING 2025 DB James Finley IV enjoys Michigan State visit, updates recruitment

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State hosted 2025 defensive back/athlete James Finley IV for a junior day visit this past weekend. Finley had a great time in East Lansing and is looking forward to continuing to build a relationship with the MSU coaching staff.

This was Finley's second trip to Michigan State, but his first since newly-hired Michigan State head coach Jonathan Smith took over the program. Finley also came to campus for a game-day visit on Oct. 21, 2023 when the Spartans lost to the rival Michigan Wolverines under then-interim head coach Harlon Barnett.

Finley, who attends Andrean High School in Merrillville, Indiana, currently has six Division I scholarship offers, but Michigan State is a school that has his attention.

Following the visit, Finley spoke with Spartans Illustrated about the trip and gave general updates about what is to come next in his recruitment.

"I got to see the new facilities and buildings, including the strength and conditioning and nutrition rooms," Finley said about about the visit. "I got to hear their coaching philosophies and schemes. My favorite part was asking specific DB questions to Coach Adams."

More here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News