ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING 2026 RB Kory Amachree sees 'great opportunity' after Michigan State offer

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
It was a special moment for 2026 in-state running back Kory Amachree on Friday.

Michigan State hosted the legacy prospect for an unofficial visit, and Amachree left campus with a scholarship offer. While the Spartans will be hosting many prospects for junior day on Saturday, Amachree was able to spend quality time with the coaches on Friday.

Of course, Amachree is plenty familiar with Michigan State. He lives just a few miles away from campus in Haslett. His father, Opuene Amachree, played for MSU under head coach George Perles in the 1990s.

Now, the younger Amachree has an opportunity to blaze his own path. While it is early in his recruitment, he has already gotten plenty of attention from colleges, and more schools will likely continue to get involved.

While his scholarship offers count has already reached double-digits, the hometown offer stands out to Kory. He spoke with Spartans Illustrated to detail his visit and give his reaction to the Michigan State offer.

"It felt great," Kory said about the Michigan State offer. "It's such a great opportunity and I'm grateful to be in this position ... The new coaches at MSU are all great people. I loved my visit down there."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News