ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: A follow up on my daughter Amanda

L.A.Sparte

All-Mason
Dec 20, 2002
This is another hard post to make, and I checked with Comp to make sure he approves.

As many of you know from my post last week, my 16 year old daughter is now home from her in-patient care facility after her second suicide attempt during these past 4 months. Her struggle is certainly my struggle as well and I am already learning some things from her and from the professionals we have been seeing. My huge thanks to all of you that responded and reached out to me, your thoughts, your prayers and your support is very welcome in my life.

I have never been good at asking for help, and yet I am asking my daughter to reach out at the moments when she most wants to isolate and hide........ I am trying to learn.
I am not sure I can come close to adequately explain how difficult it is to see my daughter suffer, I will say that the feeling of helplessness I am experiencing is enough to push me to reach out and ask for your help. My daughter Amanda is the beautiful young girl in this account I have established - https://www.gofundme.com/5vn6q-16-yr-old-amandas-medical-bills

If you can not help with a donation, I certainly understand...... but, please consider forwarding this request to the people you know... AND THEN NO MATTER WHAT... please help the people you love with a donation of your time, donate that time to your friends and to your family or even to a crisis center.

Let the people in your life know that they are loved and wanted. As I noted in the Go Fund Me account - depression harms more than just the person diagnosed and you do not want to suffer from that pain.

Again, a huge thank you to you all for your help, support and your prayers. I will update periodically, especially with the good things I expect to be in our future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News