ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: A Judge Dismisses a case against Mel Tucker, which was related to Text Messages.

Kevin Thomas

Freshman
Silver Member
Mar 8, 2024
Brenda Tracy's side had filed lawsuits regarding the text messages previously released that allegedly showed that Brenda Tracy had a CONSENSUAL relationship with Mel Tucker.

The text messages were from a friend of Tracy's , Ahlan Alvaradoof (via phone/computer), who died in an automobile crash, and the messages were retained from Alvaradoof's family and given to parties that sided with Tucker.

On Oct. 5, 2023, Jennifer Z. Belveal, Tucker's lawyer, sent out a letter titled "New evidence in the Mel Tucker matter."

The letter stated, "This new evidence undermines MSU’s decision to terminate Mr. Tucker, further confirms that the underlying ‘investigation’ failed to meet minimal due diligence standards -- at Mr. Tucker’s expense.”

“It also decimates Ms. Tracy’s claim that she would not consensually engage in a personal relationship with a coach,” the letter reads.

The text messages also seem to allege that Tracy shopped her story to various outlets, which counters the leak theory, and that she had another relationship with a different coach, Damon Stoudamire.

The text messages also counter that she would not accept gifts from Tucker:

*At 10:52 a.m. Nov. 9, 2021: “Michigan State might be going to the Rose Bowl or one of the other major ones. We should check this calendar and keep dates open. I know coach Tucker would give us tickets.”

*At 5:25 p.m. Nov. 26, 2021: “Tucker signed his contract. I can’t even wrap my brain around $95 million. Sheesh.”

*At 5:26 p.m. Nov. 26, 2021: “Can you imagine around $700K going into your bank account every month? Every month. Crazy.”

*At 5:27 p.m. Nov. 26, 2021: “I’m gonna ask him to finance the doc part of it. He’ll do it.”

Though it was an alleged consensual relationship, MSU saw Tracy as a 'University Vendor,' the relationship embarrassed the University, which were grounds for the firing based on a moral clause or moral turpitude.

However, one could make the case that moral turpitude is usually based on "evil intent," aka a sexual crime or assault as it pertains to this case. Tucker was estranged from his wife at the time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News