ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL After the loss to James Madison, Tom Izzo says, "When you start missing shots like that, it becomes contagious"

Dr. Green and White

All-Flintstone
Staff
Sep 4, 2003
Howell, MI
After last night's game, I was interested to see what kind of mood Tom Izzo was in. He wasn't as pissed as I expected. He seemed more somber and disappointed. Obviously the team shot the bad like crap, but he was more concerned with leadership, toughness, and focus. He was so positive back in October and even after the "loss' to Tennessee.

The key point is what MSU does next. They played well against Tennessee and the Vols are supposed to be top 10 if not top 5 good. James Madison is the favorite to win the Sun Belt. There is a chance that they could be one of those scary No. 9 seeds in March, especially with a win over MSU on their resume. That team showed good fight and grit. Respect. I hope that they win out.

This team has a lot of nice parts. I agree with Izzo that Carr was perhaps the only player that had a good game. Sure, Walker put up a lot of points, but that was on high volume. Having him put up every shot in the final 10 minutes (which is what it felt like) is no way to win. Hoggard, Akin, and Hall need to get their heads in the game. They were all miserable last night. MSU won't beat many teams with that version of those four guys.

But we have seen these players since before. They can do it again. I believe that they WILL do it again. But right now, the pieces don't quite fit yet. Hopefully they will figure it out. It is still just early November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News