ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Apisa

mjcjmsu

All-Skiles
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2008
As Spartans we are fortunate to have many fine men who have represented MSU in a positive way over the years. Mark Dantonio, Tom Izzo, Steve Smith, Mateen Cleaves and Kirk Cousins easily come to mind as the type of men I am talking about - guys who have made the Spartan Nation stronger, not only by their athletic accomplishments, but also by their continuous support of MSU and by the way they treat others when representing the Spartan Nation. I've enjoyed reading some of the experiences some of you have relayed to the message boards in the past and want to share one that I had yesterday.

Before the Green and White game yesterday I, along with my son and 10 year old grandson was able to meet and spend some time with one of my boyhood heroes. As a 13 year old in 1965 I occasionally spent weekends in N. Wonders Hall with my older brother who was a student at the time. I was, as many of us probably were at the time, awestruck by our National Champions in football. It was, as Orion says each year at the beginning of the season, a time when giants walked the Earth. One of those giants was Bob Apisa and yesterday he not only helped bring back great boyhood memories but enhanced forever his status as one of the heroes and giants of my lifetime.

The time we spent together and the way he treated us and especially the way he interacted with my grandson will never be forgotten. This great Spartan is one of the most magnanimous and gracious individuals I have ever had the privilege to meet. We can all be proud to have these type of men representing Michigan State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News