ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. G&W's Week 0 "Bad Betting Advice"

Dr. Green and White

All-Flintstone
Staff
Sep 4, 2003
Howell, MI
Howdy Spartan fans!

Those of you who have been around for a while may be familiar with my week preview and recap posts that I would make on this here message board. Some of you also may have realized that I posted the same information as a writer for The Only Colors as a companion series that I called "Bad Betting Advice" (for the preview) and "Against All Odds" (for the recap). I plan to use a similar format this year, but with formal articles instead of just posts. This will be exclusive content for Spartans Illustrated.

As a taste, here is what my algorithm says for the seven games this weekend. My computer likes all of the favorites to cover, but the difference between the Vegas Line and my computer projections are not big enough for me to make a recommended pick:

20230826 W0 DrGW Picks.jpg

There are no upset picks in Week 0. If you are looking to place a bet, SP+ likes Notre Dame to cover vs. Navy.

Other than that, I do have some over/under picks, but these might be VERY dicey this year due to the running clock rule change. Also, my O/U algorithm is VERY simple. So, these might be for entertainment purposes only:

Week 0, here is a brief taste:

SJ St. at USC => Under 64.5
Navy vs. ND => Over 50.5
UMASS at MN St. => Over 44.5
Ohio at SD St. => Over 49.0

The fact that I have three "overs" might be suspicious. But that under in the USC game might be a good one. My calculations have that as a higher confidence pick.

Good luck and welcome back college football!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News