ADVERTISEMENT

From the couch in NE Michigan

Les22

All-George Webster
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
Hubbard Lake MI/Brownsville TX
I watched the entire game. It took a lot of determination and the consumption of a couple strong adult beverages. I don't know what to think. I hope the reason we didn't see Collins was because of an injury and not a coach's decision. I know, another post said its because he is terrible at pass pro and we had to throw it. We were still in the game in the first half. Maybe if he ran for a few, the passes would have been more open, just sayin'.

I was really hyped with the hire of BJ and was looking for a really good pass rush this year. So far, not impressed. Is it a talent issue or scheme? Sounds like the same question most are asking re: the DBs.

I really like Thorne. I know he has not been as good this year but I'm not ready to trash him yet. Yesterday he was running for his life most of the time. As the old saying goes, "when you're up to your ass in alligators, its hard to remember that your goal was to drain the swamp". Kim looks pretty good, but when you go in after the game is lost, and when the D is a bit less motivated, it makes the game a bit easier. He might not look so good against the A team.

Right now, I have a difficult time believing we will win another game. Is it time to insert some of Baldwin, Boyd, Brocious, Fincher et. al. into the OL? Many here are all about dumping the QB or the RB or even the TE, but no mention of the OL. On second thought, not Brocious at least for more than 4 games so as to not burn a red shirt.

I probably should not have posted, just getting rid of some frustration. At least my UM fan/friends have been sympathetic and not obnoxious like some I have been reading about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News