ADVERTISEMENT

NEW COMMIT: In-state 2025 LB Charles White commits to Michigan State: 'I fit perfectly'

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State's 2025 recruiting class now includes two commits. On Saturday, high-three-star linebacker and priority in-state target Charles White announced his commitment to the Spartans.

White, who often goes by "DJ," currently attends Orchard Lake St. Mary's Preparatory, which is located just about 70 miles east of MSU's campus in East Lansing. He revealed his decision to pledge to Michigan State at St. Mary's during his commitment party and also took to social media to share the news.

Shortly after Jonathan Smith was hired as Michigan State's head coach on Nov. 25, 2023, the Spartans immediately identified White as a prospect they were interested in, and Smith and assistant head coach/co-special teams coordinator/running backs coach Keith Bhonapha offered him a scholarship on Dec. 1, 2023.

Since the offer, White has also grown close with Michigan State defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Joe Rossi and other coaches on the staff.

While White had plenty of college options, he's known that he wanted to become a Spartan for a while now.

“Michigan State just felt like home,” White told Rivals' Greg Smith and Spartans Illustrated. “I went up there during spring practice, I've been up there a couple time, and in the middle of practice I pulled my phone out and I texted my head coach (Jermaine) Gonzales and I told him I want to go here. I told him straight up, I'm not going anywhere else."

Much more on his commitment with many additional quotes here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News