ADVERTISEMENT

King and Vance....

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
Guys, here is some stuff on King and Vance I received. I have some family stuff I am finishing up today and hope to put all this into a story, but wanted to get it on here asap.

The West came out on top the last few years in San Antonio, and two Michigan State commits hope to keep that streak alive. Demetric Vance and Joshua King are on the West team at the Army All-American Bowl. Each has stood out this week.

"Josh King came into this week in as good of football shape as I've ever seen him. He's always kept his weight down for wrestling, but now is starting to fill out his frame and is building the strength to match his athleticism,” Rivals.com Midwest Analyst Josh Hemholdt said.“He will need to work on keeping his pad level down, but his explosiveness had been on display this week."Demetric Vance is one of the fastest defensive backs on the West team as well as being the biggest. His break on the ball is outstanding and his range from the safety position allows the defense to roll the strong safety into the box,” Hemholdt continued.“He could be setting up for a big game on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with an interception or two."

The two remain steadfast in their commitment to Michigan State. The goal this week is to add to the four total commitments currently in San Antonio.

“We think we’re going to get at least one more while we’re down here. No names or anything, but I feel pretty confident we add one more to our list. If not, we’ll be okay,” King said. “It’s a blessing to be able to come down here and play with all these great athletes in front of our troops. It is a great honor and something none of us our taking for granted.”

The week is also built for players to bond and get to know each other.

“We’ve all been pretty close already, but a week like this absolutely gives us a better chance to bond and joke around and have a fun time. We all love football. That is the one common trait between all the guys at the game. We love to play, so this is all fun. There isn’t any pressure or anything like that. We just go play,” King said. “Some guys are facing big decisions. Yeah, we get in their ear about Michigan State and all that, but at the end of the day everyone has to make the decision best for them. We know and respect that.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News