ADVERTISEMENT

Marsh commitment

Barnaby123

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
If this is not allowed I assume a moderator will nix it.

However, below is the start of a multi-page tantrum on scUMs site over Nicholas Marsh committing to MSU. They are hilariously apoplectic and make some wild claims. Apparently, Marsh's commitment to MSU the day before their bbq was a big hit to scum.

"But on Friday, I was at River Rouge's media day event. There's some names to watch as potential targets like 2024 three-star wide receiver Jaylen Watson but the big reason for driving downriver was to catch up with Nick Marsh. He's been committed to Michigan State for two weeks. Here's what we know:

- Marsh was originally going to the barbecue the day after MSU hosted its Dog Con event that Saturday. But he made the unexpected decision to shut it down and announced as soon as he left East Lansing.

- If the Rivals100 wide receiver was going to be in Ann Arbor that Sunday, he would have been considered the No. 2 headliner in the 2024 class behind the Providence Day crew. His attendance would have been more important than the two Buford (Ga.) High standouts in K.J. Bolden and KingJoseph Edwards. That's despite the latter already telling M&BR that he's going to be back for the MSU game (October 29th).

- There hasn't been a better wide receiver prospect who's native to the state of Michigan than Marsh since Donovan Peoples-Jones. That's a seven-year difference so it shows how much of a commodity Marsh is throughout the midwest and parts of the SEC. I've evaluated Marsh live about four times this offseason and have seen his maturity, vertical threat, and overall poise get stronger by the month.

- Marsh was heavily prioritized by Steve Clinkscale and Ron Bellamy. The pair have been a REALLY good tag team when going after Detroit area prospects as the important people in the community hold both in high regards. Clinkscale for his time recruiting Detroit during his previous tenures and Bellamy for his decade-long head coaching stint at West Bloomfield. Marsh always had good things to say about the two assistants as they were catalysts for getting him on campus for multiple unofficial visits during the winter and spring.

- While Michigan was going to be a major player for Marsh, it just seemed like the in-state rival had the lead. I first heard this from a source around March, who said that Marsh's close family members love the MSU program and Mel Tucker. So much so that they were ready to commit back then but the source pleaded for them to prolong the process.

- Knowing that, I didn't react as shocked when I saw that Marsh committed. The only thing was the timing because he didn't give anyone warning. He said at media day that the Dog Con Event seal the deal.

- Marsh's commitment really threw off the momentum of the barbecue. It came around the mid-afternoon after Jadyn Davis posted the viral photo of him and his teammates next to Jim Harbaugh. The overall engagement, certainly on this website, slowed down fast once Marsh shared his decision on Twitter.

- When asked Friday, Marsh said he's locked in, but that's obvious being that the question came two weeks out. Right now, he's trying to bring in guys like Jacob Oden, Boo Carter, and Brady Prieskorn, who are also Michigan targets. For the Spartans to have a top in-state guy playing recruiter will be huge for them, considering that Detroit and its suburbs are hotly contested by the Wolverines, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Ohio State, Pitt, Penn State, West Virginia, and Louisville to an extent.

- When also asked if Marsh is willing to listen to other schools should they call on September 1st, he quickly shot that down as well. But I think he knows that Clinkscale and Bellamy, for instance, will continue making their pitch. This is a recruit who's a can't miss prospect which gets heightened even more knowing that he's from River Rouge. Waving the white flag just isn't acceptable. Marsh is a weapon who's program changing on the offensive side of the ball.

- I know that some of you guys have voiced displeasures about Michigan's success in Detroit but that's far from the case. Again, Clinkscale and Bellamy are taking over the area with players, parents, and coaches appreciating their efforts to build close relationships. The Wolverines won't bring in those who are ready to leave the state but guys like Marsh, who are willing to remain here at the next level, are the pieces necessary to add.

- It's worth mentioning that the River Rouge coaching staff is consistency in communication with Clinkscale and Bellamy. The Panthers former head coach, Corey Parker, now the defensive pass game coordinator at Toledo, is friends with the two while first-year head coach Eric Pettway feels the same with Clinkscale especially."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News