ADVERTISEMENT

NEW COMMIT: Michigan State gets first 2025 commit in QB Leo Hannan: 'I love the staff'

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State has received its first commitment in the 2025 class. California three-star quarterback Leo Hannan, who has long been a top priority target for the Spartans' new coaching staff, announced his verbal pledge to MSU on Monday.

He has built a strong foundation with head coach Jonathan Smith, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Brian Lindgren and several other of the current Michigan State coaches. Hannan has been in constant communication with MSU's coaching staff, which ultimately led to his commitment.

While the Spartans offered Hannan a scholarship to Michigan State in January, the relationship goes back much further than that, as Smith and Lindgren originally offered him in May of 2023, while they were at Oregon State.

"I love the coaching staff, especially Coach Smith and Coach Lindgren," Hannan told Spartans Illustrated when asked why he chose MSU. "I love their coaching style and the amazing culture at Michigan State. There’s a ton of continuity from the staff on the offensive side of the ball for sure.

"Their style of offense is going to fit perfectly in the Big Ten," Hannan said about the Michigan State coaches. "Their attitude and mindset for how they approach football greatly complements Michigan State’s culture — hard-hat guys for a hard-hat place."

Much more here:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News