ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Michigan State's Jaden Mangham and Tyrell Henry step up against Nebraska

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State ended a six-game losing streak by defeating Nebraska by a final score of 20-17 on Saturday.

Two second-year players who stepped up and played large roles in the victory were sophomore safety Jaden Mangham and sophomore wide receiver Tyrell Henry.

"We finally finished," Mangham said after defeating Nebraska on Saturday. "We've been in a lot of positions to win and do this and do that, but we just could never finish. Our main emphasis for the rest of the year, for this month, for everything in life, is just finish. Today, we finally went out there and we finished."

Henry echoed Mangham's comments.

"It felt great," Henry said about the win. "The guys work so hard at practice every day, all day, non-stop. We went through countless drills together. I think (the win) showed us that we can finish games, finish the tough games when things don't go our way all the time. And I feel like we're gonna look back at this and say, 'OK, yeah, we've got the guys, we've got the talent. We've just gotta put it all together.' And that's what we did today, and I think we can do that going forward now."

More here:

Reactions: dhb0066
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News