ADVERTISEMENT

MEN'S BASKETBALL MoneyBall Observations

shawnabbe

Freshman
Jan 26, 2022
I have been to MoneyBall in the past and nothing really has changed it is much like watching a Harlem Globetrotters but it is entertainment for us basketball starved people. I came away last night with these observations:

AJ Hoggard was the best player on the floor stats might not have shown it but watching he is just a baller no matter what format of ball being played.

Fears is going to be good and he will have a role on the team this year, he is explosive athlete, scorer, very good creator with the best handle on the floor.

Akins-Walker looked great but uninterested at the same time

Kohler has reworked his body he looks like Cooper very lean now which should help his game also showed a decent touch on some outside shots. He was a good six inches taller than everyone on the court and was doubled almost every time he touched the ball so it was kind of hard to judge

Holloman looked good but with that said he looks to be behind Fears at this point.

Coen Carr flat out explosive athlete who will have a role this year will have to work on shot and a role within the offense but his athleticism will get enough looks for him is my guess.

Booker looked lost but to give him a little credit this format is really not his type of game he will be an asset this year. With that said I don't think he is a pro prospect right now he is going to need to develop for sure right now I would put Cooper and Kohler leaps and bounds ahead of him. There was a moment early in the game where AJ gave him a look of disappointment after a play which I thought was interesting. AJ then went to him in the low block on two consecutive plays and he could not convert on a couple of turnarounds down low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News