ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MSU Acting Head Coach Harlon Barnett: 'We're Spartans, we're resilient'

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State acting head coach Harlon Barnett spoke to the media on Tuesday, which was his first appearance since head coach Mel Tucker was suspended without pay on Sunday amidst a sexual harassment investigation.

Given the current situation, it would be easy for Michigan State's current players to be distracted, but Barnett's overall message was that the Spartans are focused, working hard and preparing for the home game against No. 8-ranked Washington on Saturday (5 p.m. Eastern Time, streaming exclusively on Peacock).

"We're tough, we're Spartans, we're resilient," Barnett said. "For another term that I tell people sometimes, I'm a dawg. Be a dawg. We're gonna push through this as Spartans do, and Spartans will ... We will push through this and we will become better for it, like everybody does when they come through adverse situations — they keep fighting, they keep pushing through. So I expect that to happen."

Much more here:

Reactions: NOLA15 and echo3847
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News