ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Not sure if people check the pinned posts or not. Important update here.

DavidHarns

All-Van Pelt
Staff
Oct 29, 2013
I posted this earlier (in the pinned post regarding Coaching Search Intel) but I wonder if people don't check the pinned posts as much. So here's a test to see if this gets more views.

Update:

I was told tonight, by a legitimate MSU source, that the football search committee consisted of:

- Haller
- Izzo
- St Andre/Ishbia (represented by Mosallam)
- Greg Williams (advisory)

I normally let most of these things fly right by but, considering who told me, I HAD to investigate it. After talking with sources close to Alan Haller, I can unequivocally tell you this isn't true.

That search committee would not only be ridiculously large at this point, it would be unwieldy.

The key to the search at this point is confidentiality. The search committee will be two (maybe three) people and -- from what I'm being told -- Ishbia and St Andre will not be on it (obviously Mosallam won't be either).

In my opinion, that's a good thing.

I've been told that Haller will be publicly announcing, in the next week or so, that he is hiring a search firm to assist with hiring the next football coach. That makes sense. These firms have the contacts and processes in place that are necessary to communicate with the candidates that MSU will be targeting.

Confidentiality.
Confidentiality.
Confidentiality.

That's what's most important right now.

If you want to see how Alan Haller conducts his coaching searches, just take a look at how he handled hockey and women's basketball. He'll be following the same approach.

Remember, Haller and deputy athletic director Epiphany Clark had the opportunity to see Fralick coach a game live as they sat in the stands during a Bowling Green women's basketball game, disguised, to take it all in.

While I don't expect Haller to go incognito to the Duke/NC State or Oregon State/Cal games, don't be surprised if there's a story about him doing his due diligence in a unique way when this is all said and done.

To be clear, Haller and Co haven't even narrowed down the list of candidates. They haven't even started the candidate selection process yet.

We here at Spartans Illustrated decided that we aren't going to hype the rumors that are likely just getting pushed by the agents of coaches who want more leverage for their clients. There are, of course, candidates that make sense. We published our list today and we look forward to updating it as we go. But we aren't going to pretend to have insider information on who the candidates are at this time - because they simply don’t exist at this point.

Educated guesses are fine. As long as they are labeled as such. All the names you've heard so far have not been released by anybody with any power at Michigan State. At least as of right now, I can promise you that.

I try to call it as straight as I can. And I'll continue to do so. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News