ADVERTISEMENT

OSU has a serious problem….

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
They have become Michigan of 2000-2020. The team with tons of great athletes, but not the toughest team with the best “football players”.

I think this is a result of Ryan Day personally. He can fire DC’s etc….But it is his leadership that has caused them to lose edge.

Now Harbs is still a bitch IMO, crying for a penalty when McCarthy leaped in the air is so typical of him, but he has realized that in order to win they need to out physical OSU.

The fact that Harbs has not really been the QB whisperer he was hired to be has actually worked out. The average QB play, yes JJ is still only an average QB, means they have to rely on the run game.

I am not sure how OSU flips the table as long as you have an offensive minded HC who thinks he can out-scheme everyone. How many times did OSU pass on 1st down only to run on 2nd and ten? I thought Day was channeling Jay Johnson!

The fact is, OSU is no longer the toughest team in the BIG. In fact, I think multiple teams in the conference are tougher. They can still win 10 games a year due to superior talent, but they are what UM was. A team full of highly ranked great athletes, who are not great football players or great at dealing with adversity.

Btw, how long can UM remain this good? Common sense tells me that no school likes reading it’s press clippings more than those clowns in Ann Arbor. The head coach is probably the number one person who does this. For that reason, I do see them reverting to the old U of M as it’s in their blood. If you thought Harbaugh cries a lot now, just wait till they lose a game or two they are huge favorites in.

Can MSU capitalize? I would not bet the house, let alone the shed. I do think that PSU could be the school that does. Not a huge Franklin fan, but PSU is close,and if they get better QB play, they may just get over the hump.

Btw, PSU has wisely made Virginia a top priority in recruiting. With UVA and Va Tech down, they are picking all the top kids from there. They have 5 of top 10 from this talent laden state. It is same distance from Richmond to State College as Cincy to MSU. Plus NoVa and DC always have talent too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News