ADVERTISEMENT

Post W Program Prediction/Hot Takes

tnels

All-Miller
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Helluva a win today for the Green and did we ever need it for a level setting for Spartan Nation!! The thing I loved about today is that our best players made plays when it counted on the line (Reed, Collins, Barrow, Hendy)!!!

Half way through the season and the bye going into scUM on a high note is crucial for CMT and the program. Win or lose the remainder of the season, I'll be supporting this team to the max!

In looking back at the season so far, there are a few predictions/hot takes for the future:
  1. What was I or some members of the fanbase thinking at the beginning of the year about this team going 10 - 2?? I thought/hoped it was possible, but now looking at this program, there was NO WAY this team had the talent to get there. 8 - 4 (should've been BEST case) ... 7 - 5 (possible) ... 6 - 6 or worse (more likely). The fact is, we needed everything to go right (no injuries, improved secondary/OL play, etc) to get to one of these above records. We got hit hard with the injury bug and here we are.
  2. PREDICTION #1 -- CMT will win the BIG East in the next 2 - 3 seasons!!
  3. PREDICTION #2 -- CMT will replace one of the coordinators (most likely D-Coordinator) and staff and bring in new coaches and system to max our talent.
  4. Defensive side -- This defense will be drastically improved next season! Significant depth at critical D-End spot with Bogle, Pietrowski, Zion, Chase and a slew of studs in the incoming class. D-Tackle depth with Maverick, Barrow, Harmon, VanSumeran. LB depth with Snow back, Halladay, Gaeotete, IMG frosh and safety/CB with Brantley, Mangham, Tatum and a slew of frosh DB's.
  5. Offensive side -- QB is everything in college football. Although I don't think Thorne can get us to the next level, he is coming back and the hope is for him to be pushed by the backups. RB depth, BUT we have to keep Reescano to add a star. WR's are studs with Mosely, Bernard, Coleman and a great freshman class waiting in the wings. TE depth is better with Carr, frosh. The OL assuming Duplain, Semac return and we have the best frosh OL in years!
We need to remember that CMT is still growing as as head coach and he will improve in-game coaching. He is and will continue to recruit the best classes we've seen!! Our future is already on the field getting meaningful reps. He had a insurmountable challenge replacing CMD's last few classes and bringing in portal players. If he can limit transfers from the last two classes and make some key adds in the portal, this will only bolster the roster. The future is bright not matter what happens the rest of this season! Enjoy today and lets get ready to ruin scUM's season!!! GO GREEN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News