ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Provide Your Thoughts: Who will lead Michigan State in receiving yards in 2023?

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
Michigan State’s 2023 fall camp is officially underway. The wide receiver position is one of the bigger question marks on the team. I am curious, who do you think leads the team in receiving yards this season? Obviously there will be a new quarterback in the fold as well, so the entire passing game is a bit of a mystery right now.

The obvious answer is likely fifth-year senior Tre Mosley. But will one of the other returning experienced players, Montorie Foster Jr. or Christian Fitzpatrick, step up and become a No. 1 target?

Could Nebraska transfer Alante Brown have a breakout year in a new offense?

Or perhaps one of the second-year guys explodes on the scene. Watch out for Tyrell Henry, Antonio Gates Jr. and Jaron Glover.

True freshmen Jaelen Smith and Aziah Johnson are skilled players, and I know Smith has been impressing early. With that said, it’s unlikely a true freshman will be the team’s top receiver and we don’t know much those two will play. Watch out for those two in future years, though.

While I don’t expect a tight end to lead the team in receiving yards, Maliq Carr has as opportunity to have a productive year as well.

Who will lead the team in receiving yards? Please comment your answer below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News