ADVERTISEMENT

Request To Discuss MSU Coaching Position

Dec 3, 2007
Does anyone know Alan Haller and if so could they arrange a meeting between him and I to discuss coaching MSU football? For those interested, I would outline my coaching philosophy to him, inclusive of:

1. Not calling slow developing runs up the middle on fourth down/short yardage situations from the pistol that consistently get stuffed for no gain.
2. Declining penalties when the opponent has the ball on third down and MSU gets a stop, meaning that the opponent would have to punt or kick a FG, rather than getting another chance to make a third down conversion - which theoretically could lead to the other team getting a first down via a good play or by an MSU unsportsmanlike penalty.
3. Taking my time if MSU has the ball inside the opponents 5 yard line with 50 seconds left in the half and three time outs. This allows the team to set up for the proper play and if MSU scores quickly leaves less time in the half for the opponent to score.

These concepts might be lost on most coaching staffs, but not me. And, I would be willing to share these thoughts (and more!) for only one million dollars per year. If we jettison Mel Tucker, that is a nine million dollar savings that could be put toward NIL to attract/retain more player talent.

Who’s with me?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News