ADVERTISEMENT

Scheme Thoughts and Discussion...and Questions?

glassman12

Staff
Nov 21, 2022
Good Morning...some first rip thoughts on what I saw from the Spring Showcase. I welcome any thoughts or questions that I can address here, or in my film room later in the week.
  • From a personnel standpoint, I echo what has been said elsewhere that Marsh flashed, and Chiles showed promise
  • Offense had a lot of scissors concepts, used it to threaten the middle of the field more than MSU has in recent years
  • MSU used a lot of motion to "stack" receivers to create space
  • MSU is struggling a bit to adjust to adjust to a 3-4 on defense...played more man on the outside than before, but the inside linebackers and safeties appeared at first glance to be a mess
  • I think run defense may be a bit of an issue. I think the offensive line is improved, but not to the point where the cutback lanes on outside zone are as open as they were on Carter's first TD
  • I liked the variance of route concepts...every play stressed multiple levels of the defense, and gave the QB a number of options. I thought Chiles and Schuster both got through their progressions sharply
What are your thoughts/feelings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News