ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Updated: Inside Aidan Chiles' Journey to Michigan State: He 'has found his people'

Ryan OBleness

All-Bubba Smith
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
There is an article from On3 going around that USC head coach Lincoln Riley has identified Aidan Chiles as a potential transfer portal quarterback target. The article also says the Trojans may be pursuing two transfer quarterbacks. It isn't entirely surprising to me that USC would be interested in an incredibly talented southern California transfer quarterback, especially since the the team is in dire need of quarterbacks.

A source told Spartans Illustrated earlier this week that USC was pursuing Chiles, according to an agent on the West Coast.

I have been told that Chiles has been respectful about taking calls from others coaches and would listen, but that Jonathan Smith is "his guy" and "his person." Chiles wants to play for Smith.

I have also been told by sources extremely close to Chiles that the USC report is "bananas" and "I"m not worried. Let people speculate. Aidan is committed to MSU."

So, things can always change, but I don't expect anything to come of this. He plans to arrive at Michigan State on Jan. 4 and begin classes on Jan. 8.

Update: I have a feature story on Aidan's journey, told through the eyes of his parents, right here:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News