ADVERTISEMENT

Watching OSU vs Indiana from last week

jim comparoni

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
I don't know if many of you got a chance to watch the game last week, OSU vs Indiana.

OSU had some explosive plays and had a 28-7 lead in the first half and won comfortably. They are explosive, but down-in and down-out, they are not that great.

And then Miyan Williams goes out with an injury in that game and it didn't look like the kind that heals in two or three weeks.

I don't know about you guys, but OSU doesn't look like they have improved their toughness enough to beat Michigan this year. That could be a salty Saturday for OSU fans.

I could be wrong, but I'm not expecting OSU to beat Michigan.

Michigan's DBs are shaky and OSU has excellent WRs, especially if Smith-Njigba is back and operational. So maybe OSU can get some disproportionate results there.

Most QBs see their production suffer when they get a little heat on them. Others can make plays despite heat. Stroud didn't look good to me when under pressure when I studied OSu earlier in the year, and wasn't great against Indiana when he got a little bit of pressure. And his ability to check off to a second read isn't great.

I think there are going to be OSU fans seriously grumbling about Ryan Day in a few weeks.

OSU has worked to improve and fix its defense. They've done a good job of that. But we'll see if they can stand up to a good running attack. Can Michigan win with McCarthy being untrustworthy to throw downfield? I'm not saying Michigan is a complete team. But OSU just doesn't look tough enough to me.

OSU getting stopped on third-and-two and fourth-and-one by Indiana in the second quarter, after two stoppages earlier in the half, and after their poor game against Northwestern, things are just not trending favorably for OSU right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News