ADVERTISEMENT

10 Thoughts on College Football

Matt Dorsey

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
1) If I had to give a Heisman trophy out today, Kenny Pickett is my choice.

2) So tired of seeing mediocre blue blood games when other teams having incredible years get overlooked. I wish I knew something about Wake Forest, Oregon State or SMU.

3) I don't understand all the hatred, especially on this board, towards Coach Fleck. So what of he is rah rah and comes off cheesey. The guy has proven he can win at Big Ten level. If I was a bigger named program, he would definitely be on my list... See below.

4) Obviously Scott Frost should be fired IMO, but the other guy who has to go is Justin Fuentes of VA Tech. With that said, if I was the Hokies, Fleck would be on my short list of top candidates. Even though I'm not sure they would have the money or cache to pry him away from Minny. His approach would work well at a school like Virginia Tech.

5) Would somebody please beat Oklahoma so we can put them out of their misery. The idea that they're the third best team in the country and actually deserve playoff consideration is just a joke. I can just see it now, they get the number 4 seed play Georgia and lose 34 to 7 in the semi-final game.

6) Penn State losing Illinois is just unacceptable. I don't even watch the game but I assume that Sean Clifford wasn't playing. The fact that he was playing makes it unacceptable. Throwing the fact that Penn State has been recruiting elite running backs the past few years yet they still have a substandard rushing attack. Franklin's going to get some heat for this game. They lose again to Ohio State and people in Happy Valley are going to say he is not the guy to catch the Buckeyes. Franklin could be booking a first class seat to Los Angeles for that USC job.

7) Oregon.....See #5

8) From Mike Farrell: 🤣

The Coaching Carousel has stopped, at least for now, so it’s time to grade the Power Five hires. Professor Farrell is here for you.

Chip Kelly, UCLAA+ – You can’t ask for a bigger and better hire for a UCLA program that needs a serious shot in the arm. Kelly has the ability to make the Bruins a superpower out west. He’s that good.

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&MA+ – The one we will remember the most from this coaching carousel? I think so. If Alabama slips, Jimbo could step in with the Aggies and become a power in the SEC West.

Scott Frost, NebraskaA+ – This was the guy they needed. One of the best young coaches in college football coming back home. He’s the perfect fit and it’s hard to see him not having some success.

9) Lots of time left in season, but of Alabama beats Georgia in SEC title and Oklahoma and Ohio State run the table, the committee will screw Cincy.

10) I am on the Lane Train, The guy is good for college football. I just miss seeing his wife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News