ADVERTISEMENT

2 loss SEC Champion in CFP?

sunbro18

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2009
As it stands, we know B10 will get its winner in and SEC will have at least one. I'm wondering if LSU can get in if they win out and beat UGA in the SEC Championship? The first game loss to FSU doesn't mean much to me. Close loss. Fluky/crazy finish. But they were smoked by the Vols.

So let's say LSU beats UGA.
LSU has 2 losses but an SEC championship.
UGA has 1 loss and no SEC championship
Tennessee has 1 loss and no SEC championship or division championship and smoked LSU.
(This excludes Ole Miss as I have trouble visualizing them with just 1 loss and LSU smoked them.)

In this scenario, there are almost certainly 2 SEC teams getting in, but sort of wild that it could be LSU and UGA despite Tennessee having only 1 loss and a win over LSU.

Whatever the case, SEC is very likely to get 2 spots now. B10 will get one. Clemson hurt their chances with getting smashed yesterday even if they do end up a 1 loss ACC champ. They just look pedestrian. I think TCU is likely to lose, but B12 and Pac 12 will be battling. Pac12 needs Oregon and UCLA to play for the title with 1 loss each so they have a great chance to send someone into the CFP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News