ADVERTISEMENT

NEW COMMIT: 2025 WR Charles Taplin commits to 'family-oriented' Michigan State

Ryan OBleness

All-George Webster
Staff
Oct 24, 2022
One of the handful of 2025 official visitors on campus last weekend for Michigan State was 6-foot-2 wide receiver Charles Taplin out of Red Oak High School in Red Oak, Texas. Following the trip, Taplin was ready to become a Spartan.

After building strong relationships with head coach Jonathan Smith, wide receivers coach Courtney Hawkins and offensive graduate assistant coach Cordale Grundy, Taplin announced his commitment to the Spartans on Friday.

Spartans Illustrated spoke with the three-star prospect to discuss his decision to commit to Michigan State and get more details on his recent official visit to East Lansing.

"First, they treated me and family with amazing hospitality, and second, I trust that Coach Hawkins will develop me as a wide receiver," Taplin told Spartans Illustrated about why he chose to commit to Michigan State. "Also, their pro-style offense will prepare me well for the league (NFL.) What stood out to me about their program was the coaches were very family-oriented."

More from @Dylan Callaghan-Croley and me:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News