ADVERTISEMENT

5 stages of grief - where are you?

thos

All-Mason
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
Unfortunately this is what I believe many of us Spartan fans find ourselves dealing with. None of it has anything to do with the game results. It 💯 is related to the incident. If you don’t know the stages, here they are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

Denial: that was Saturday night as things were coming out and Sunday morning.

Anger: that was Sunday and most of Monday.

Bargaining: that was Monday night and Tuesday. Understanding punishments being handed out to MSU players are appropriate but still trying to navigate why all this happened in the first place and why there is no talk outside of the msu fan base concerning the instigators role and zero accountability there.

Depression: that is where I am today. I’ve about had it with the whole damn thing. It saddens me that this has gotten so completely out hand and out of line and there are no good answers going forward. The damage is mostly done and any chance of a bowl game seems completely gone. The future simply does not look bright and this all depresses me.

Acceptance: without some degree of accountability and acknowledgement for umich role, I doubt I’ll ever fully accept things related to this incident. I have accepted MSU’s response and the suspensions for the most part.

Anyway. I am going to try and stop paying attention to all of this in an attempt to move on. Btw. I am in no way suggesting I am struggling with depression over all of this. Just that I am at that stage of dealing with something uncomfortable or that I don’t like. I can’t even imagine what msu players, coaches, administrators etc are going through. But I do know this all never should have happened and was very avoidable. Plenty of blame to go around.

Wow this was way longer than I planned. Sorry. But heck, I feel a little better now laying it out there. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News