ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Answering the upcoming 30-day transfer portal question

DavidHarns

All-Van Pelt
Staff
Oct 29, 2013
I didn't talk to enough family members after the game tonight but I did talk to some of them. Here's my initial guess on what to expect when the transfer portal opens on Tuesday.

One parent told me the "core group" will be sticking it out through the rest of the season and will see what happens, who MSU hires. Another parent told me that their son isn't going anywhere.

A parent of a very important MSU player told me that his son isn't going anywhere and that what he's hearing is that most of the guys "are going to push through and are committed to doing big things at Michigan State."

The girlfriend of an MSU player who is up and coming told me that he isn't going anywhere.

Another parent told me that there are those who are frustrated with playing time etc and might use this as an opportunity to find a better fit.

Another parent of a starting player told me that "we've never even discussed that as an option."

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a blood bath. I didn't talk to a representative sample of the players, but ... we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.