ADVERTISEMENT

At What Age did this Rivalry Become Larger than Life for you...

DefenceFirst

All-'52 Pony Backfield
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2017
and do you remember the circumstance?

Mine was 1980 I had been a Wolverine Fan as most of my family was. I was riding home with my mom listening to the radio the morning before the game. The radio station had a call in where fans could call in and talk about the game, their fans, and the university. I remember the Wolverine fans were arrogant and smart assed and then this Spartan caller came on. He was with a huge crew somewhere in East Lansing and this is pretty close to what he said. "The wolverines down in ann arbor are sipping daiquiris and wondering where all of their girls are, He said I'll tell you where they are, they are here in East Lansing drinking beer with the Spartans and having a great time!" Then all you could here were 30 guys and gals doing the party screaming and you could tell they were having a great time. Right then I changed my allegiance. My dad got a real chuckle when at the game party I was rooting for the Spartans. A few years later my now wife and I were accepted at MSU. The flag is flying in the yard and this game has never diminished in value for me!
GO Green!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News