ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Avengers: Endgame (Warning, Spoilers!)

Dr. Green and White

All-Flintstone
Staff
Sep 4, 2003
Howell, MI
I must admit that I am surprised not to see a thread on this yet.

I saw it late Friday night and had a chance to talk it over with several colleagues. We all seems to have the same general opinion. I enjoyed it... but it left me a bit cold on balance. My more comic book versed colleague specifically mentioned that he did not understand some of the "gushing" about the film. In general, I think that Infinity War was flat out better all the way around. But, most people liked Empire Strikes Back better than Return of the Jedi, so maybe that just is what it is.

As for more detailed (but not too detailed) comments:

-They did a nice job of packing almost everything from the Trailer into the first 15 minutes

-I found the tone of the first 1/2 or so of the movie to be a bit off or disjointed. The mixture of somber to humor that worked so well in Infinity War just missed the mark for me.

-Time travel plots are always tricky. I think that they did a great job, but it is really hard to do it well, and even near perfect execution is going to be confusing or weird at a minimum. I think that there may be an "escape hatch" to bring 1-2 characters back, if needed, but that is assuming I understand the "rules" which I am not sure that I do.

-That said, the final 45 minutes or so was tremendous, and I am quite satisfied with the plot resolution in general for most, if not all of the characters.

-One character that we were led to believe was going to play a big role in this film had about 10 minutes (maybe?) of screen time, and that was a weird red herring, of sorts.

That all said, I might have to go see it again in a few days...

Reactions: Spartanfan87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News