ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wright thoughts

jim comparoni

All-Hannah
May 29, 2001
Going over the spring scrimmage video frame by frame for the first time, with Matt Dorsey here in East Lansing, and Brandon Wright caught my eye. Showed it to Matt, and he mentioned Ed Davis as a comparison. (Matt's in town with his son for Michigan State soccer camp).

We all saw Brandon Wright get on the field late last season and make a little bit of noise.

I think we'll hear more noise from him this year. I'm going to say he gets at least 5.5 sacks in 2022. Who wants the over or the under on that one?

We know Wright has running back quickness and speed and agility to change direction. In the scrimmage, I liked the way he used his hands to defeat an Evan Morris block to get a thud on the RB. Evan Morris isn't the greatest blocker in the world, so I understand the context of it, but I liked the use of hands.

And then he showed a very, quick, subtle change of direction on an inside move to beat Ethan Boyd for a QB pressure. I know, Ethan Boyd isn't exactly Jack Conklin right now, but the take off, the fluid change of direction, and the speed through the counter move was eye-catching.

Brandon Wright. I'm intrigued.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News