ADVERTISEMENT

CFN MSU v UW preview

Spartan4ever

Freshman
May 29, 2001

Michigan State is a strong, rock-solid team that has all phases working, but it’s also turning the ball over. It’s making up for it with takeaways, but Washington won’t screw up enough.

Penix will be terrific, the Washington defensive front will be a wall, and after a rough 2021, this will be when the program turns this back around and shows it’ll be right there with Utah, USC, and Oregon in the Pac-12 title chase.

Washington 27, Michigan State 23

I find it interesting that the CFN writer has determined that the UW DL will suddenly be a wall after having given up 147 yards to Kent State. He's acting as if MSU's rushing game is the equivalent of Portland State (Who only gained 85 yards with a physically over matched OL). He also appears to be totally discounting Mel Tucker's complete body of work at MSU in favor of the first year head coach, Kalen Deboer, who is taking over a program that is in a rebuilding process.

This prediction reminds me of the one from 2021 where Miami was going to embarrass a weak MSU squad. I won't discount Tucker's ability to prepare the team both mentally and physically for the trip to Seattle the same way he did when they traveled to Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News