ADVERTISEMENT

Classless, Tasteless, And Flat-Out Wrong...

jstephenlevin

Freshman
Feb 7, 2007
Farmington Hills
I am in utter disbelief after being subjected to the “verbal stench” that emanated from our student section tonight—hearing it from right down the road in Section 8. Upon taking the field, the Golden Hurricane was greeted by the chant of, “F-U, TUL-SA!” And that wasn’t the only time this offensive three-word chorus was vocalized this evening. Pretty despicable if you ask me. Completely in bad taste, a complete lack of respect (to our opponent, to all in the stadium, etc.), and a complete disregard of appropriate behavior. It’s a game; nothing more, nothing less. We don’t need a few to potentially wreck the experience of the majority. We are proud Spartans from Michigan State University. We are above this needless vulgarity. I shouldn’t feel ashamed as an alum after hearing this type of language from our future stars; I should be able to feel a sense of pride. I sat in Section 21 back in the day starting in 1992. Never would we go there...No fan should...It’s a no-brainer. I’ll finish by mentioning that I’m a Generation X-er—certainly not a prude...Never married, no children. But if I did have a child—I wouldn’t have had him or her anywhere near that section tonight. Aim high(er)...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News