ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC: Detroit Tigers

jerky847

All-Bubba Smith
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2008
back in late April early May I said this team was fools gold and was not a contender after the got drilled in back to back games against Kansas City. I believe they were 15-9 at that point.

I was criticized, ridiculed and ripped for my comments (lots like when people rightly criticize the Spartans). I would like to hear some thoughts on the direction of the team at this point in the season. Is it too late to make the playoffs?? Should they be sellers?

I've said they are a fraud all year. I won't be changing my position at all and will continue to blame Ausmus. I've said he was an awful hire from the start. Yes it doesn't help losing Miggy but this team hasn't won a series since May. Sell Price. Sell Cespedes. Swallow your pride and make Verlander the closer. He's not a starter in the league any more (I know it won't ever happen). Get rid of everyone in the gas can bullpen except Soria. Feliz, Albequerque, Rondon...these guys all SUCK. Make Ryan and Greene your relievers along with Soria.

They need some young talent. What a complete waste.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News