ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know the ramifications of the new Transfer Portal Changes?

jbannan

All-Daugherty
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
Sterling Heights, Mi
It appears the rules were just changed and the portal is now closed. There will be a 45 day window and 60 day window and the athletes will be able to make a first time transfer and be immediately eligible . It they lose their scholarship through reduction or a coach change this is an exception. I am confused somewhat by the fall athletes have a 45 day window that starts when the championship teams are announced or May 1-May 15. The 60 day starts with the selections for the winter championship teams and I cannot find the dates windows. . Spring sports are also the same with a Dec1-Dec15 alternative window. . Players will have guaranteed scholarships at their new schools until their eligibility is over. This would be a Crouch issue.

I am not sure how is will affect those that used to decide the first 3-4 games and go into the portal. It appears that this may be over, because the new rules are in effect immediately . The portal appears to be closed except for the exceptions. This will prevent the loser of the U of M QB competition to transfer as I now understand it.

It will take some time to sort it all out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News